1. Develop a sincere curiosity. Instead of judging or criticizing replace the urge with ” that’s curious”
2. Replace negative thoughts with; the beauty of…..the beauty of sitting in traffic is that I remind myself of the beauty around the great city I live in.
3. Bathe in the present moment and give each task your full attention. Just try it.
4. Train even when you don’t feel like it. The body and mind will thank you for it.
5. Develop your mindfulness. BREATHE IN BREATHE OUT. Know that I am breathing in and breathing out.
6. Educate. Take at least one course that you have been meaning to take. Even one night for 4 weeks.
7. Eat less. If you want to loose weight simply reduce the amount you eat. If you eat meat, chicken or fish, give thanks to honor where it came from.
8. Let go. Pushing and rushing only attracts negative. Releasing and being taps into the universal flow. You give up to gain.
9. This too will pass. Every situation whether good or bad will pass. Recognizing this universal law enables non attachment and suffering. Because it is when we lose something we mourn the most.
Give more than you get. As Gandhi says “the fragrance remains in the hand that gives the rose.” Give and just give. Don’t have a reason, and don’t expect anything in return.
Try the above for one day and see how you feel.